CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment Day 3


Day 3: Everything Old is New Again

The first sentence I read when starting day 3 was: Remember what your relationship was like in the beginning?

I do remember what my relationship was like in the beginning. I guess you can say we was the typical lovey dovey couple, wanting to be affectionate all the time...both in and out of the bed.

Day 3 is focused on generating an even bigger spark. I did not know what to expect. A bigger spark than at the beginning of our relationship?! I could not even imagine what it would be like.

The exercise for the day was to list all the things that "turned me on" when I first met Adam. I will list a few:
  • Kindness
  • Humor
  • He actually cared about what I was feeling.
I won't go into the whole list I made. After I remembered why I liked him, I had to think about things that turned me on now. The first thing that I thought of was that he was a good parent to our girls. I could count on him whenever I needed him. He provided for me and my children.

But, after all the positive things we got to list out negative things! HAHA. I bet you can just imagine my list of the typical things this man does to get on my nerves.

After looking at my lists, I realized that a lot of the negative things has gotten in our way of experiencing all the positive things. I guess that happens over time.

The excerise for the night was to SPICE UP DATE NIGHT. I was really excited about this! I wanted a date night like we use to have before kids. We did what the book suggested. I found a babysitter and we meet at a spot we agreed upon. We were not Jennifer and Adam...We got to be somebody else for the date. I decided to be a sexy out of towner that just happened upon a handsome country boy at the local bar....and the date night began!

It was really fun to get out of our old routine and just be free with each other. It was a great experience!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Tomi C said...

This sounds like a great project for couples. There are times we get so busy we forget those feelings we had when love was new.

Show Me Mama said...

I definitely like that. We tend to be so busy with various projects such as work, taking care of the little one you and much more that we forget to take the time off for just you and your loved one. Thanks for sharing and it will also make a great gift as well.

Samantha said...

it's good to remember to keep connected!

Unknown said...

Date nights are really what keep you sane sometimes. LOL! I love to go out with my hubby just the two of us and pretend that we have no children. But, it is fun to get back to the babies as I end up missing them. :)

Unknown said...

This sounds like such a great idea to put the spark back in a marriage.