CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scampi the Scallop Review & Giveaway



I was very pleased to review a new children's book called Scampi the Scallop by Mi-sA-lê Fransen.


Scampi the Scallop is a story about surviving. It is a great book for children to learn that you can survive when things get tough. It teaches children to recognize danger and when to stand up and fight for survival.


Haley and Amberly really loved the pictures throughout the book. It was very vivid and kept their attention. I highly recommend this book to parents!


I even had the pleasure to interview the author of Scampi the Scallop.


What inspired you to write this children's book?
I experienced this event at a time when I was already a granny.  It was the first time for me to see a scallop.  Also the first encounter that sea stars / starfish can be soooo big with so many arms.  I thoroughly enjoyed the sincere relieve and joy of the scallop when he safely could swam away with leaps and bounds.  I wanted to share this great experience SCAMPI THE SCALLOP with my granddaughter in Texas.
What inspired you to become a writer?
In my 'previous life' I lived in a desert country in Africa.  Now I roam the oceans with my Dutch husband in our sailboat MYLADY. Writing became my survival therapy to work through my fear and share my joy.
How would you describe this book?
SCAMPI THE SCALLOP is a survival story of a scallop when he was in a life threatening situation.  What would he do to escape?  The unasked question is does the child know what to do in a difficult situation?  In fact, what do we as grown-ups do when we are confronted with trouble, whether physical or emotional?
Where can my readers buy Scampi the Scallop?
The 20-page book has 10 gripping illustrations and are in most of the mojor bookstores.  Scampi the scallop can be bought at Tate Publishing.

One lucky winner is going to win their very own copy of Scampi the Scallop.









Photobucket

9 comments:

Suellen Jennings said...

suejennings@bex.net
This would be for my son.

Suellen Jennings said...

suejennings@bex.net
I learned that there is a Scottish tradition in Austrailia!

Anonymous said...

It would be for my next pre-k class

znsm3@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

Lisa Paisley
lisamasek1992@gmail.com

For my 2 grandchildrn Jared and Monica.

Anna said...

cute book! following back!

marioswifey said...

this would be for my son elyjah
elizabethb1981@aol.com

JENNI SHELTON said...

i WOULD LOVE TO WiN THiS FOR MY GiRLS SHANiA AND KYRA.

SEXY_BABYMOMMA@LIVE.COM

JENNI SHELTON said...

APRiL 1st 2011 THEY ANNOUNCED THAT THiER FiRST BOOK WiLL BE ON SHELVES SOON!

SEXY_BABYMOMMA@LIVE.COM

JENNI SHELTON said...

i ALSO LEARNED SHES FROM AFRiCA, AND THAT SCAMPI THE SCALLOP iS A SURViVAL STORY TO HELP SELF ESTEEM! VERY NEAT!!

SEXY_BABYMOMMA@LIVE.COM