CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 22, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment Day 2



Day 2: It's Not Just About Sex


I really miss the first days of my relationship with Adam. You know...the holding hands, lovey dovey days? After being married for almost 7 years and having 2 children together...the lovey dovey days have just disappeared. 


There are days that I just sit here and wish that I could get some type of attention from Adam like I use to when we first started dating. So I was very pleased to learn that day 2 was focused on connections outside the bedroom. Connections that create "transferable" desire and contribute to lasting sexual desire and fulfilling sexual experiences. 


For instance, holding hands while walking through the mall or any store, watching a romance movie together, cooking a meal together. 


It seems like we have forgotten that the little things do matter...Adam more than me. 


So, the exercise for the day was to identify gaps in our relationship and brainstorming ways to fill them with more types of positive interactions.


It was brought to our attention that we have forgotten that a simple hug could make us feel closer. It brought a lot of things that I have dearly missed to Adam's attention. 


The exercise of the night was to do the small things again. Getting close again was the main goal of tonight. Looking into each other's eyes and embracing into a hug brought us closer than we have been in a long time.


We now have a goal to kiss each other every day, tell each other "I love you". We are bringing back the emotions from the early dating days!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Darcy said...

It's easy to forget the little things that thrilled us while first dating!

Jennifer, A Self-Confessed Foodie said...

This is a great goal to have. We just got married and we're still good about saying "I love you" everyday and I hope we always will!

Catherine L. said...

You hit it on the nail! I was just telling my friends how the simple things are what often matter most.

"Iowa Mom" said...

I liked this post bc you are right a couple must go back to their beginnings for the intimate side to survive. My husband and I after 8 years are finally working on this and it is really going well.