CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment Day 4



Day 4: Outside the Comfort Zone


One of the things that I have learned so far is that irony of love is that sexual attraction thrives partly on novelty, newness, and mystery, while long term relationships typically require comfort, trust and dependability. 


Adam and I are a very comfortable couple. We can do almost anything around each other. The one thing that I am not THAT comfortable doing in front of Adam is using the bathroom. Um, no. A little bit of privacy is a must!

I love being comfortable around Adam. Why would I want to be with somebody when I can not be comfortable?

I was really excited about the day exercise. We got to explore ways to enjoy that comfort without losing intimacy or sexual excitement.

First, we had to look at a list of "comforts" that blocks us from having an amazing sex life.
The list included:

  • Sleep with kids or pets in your bed or bedroom Guilty
  • Have (and) use a television, computer or smartphone in your bedroom Guilty
  • Spend your evenings surfing the internet, emailing, visiting social networking sites, or playing computer games. GUILTY
  • Bring your cell or smartphone on "date nights" or spend time texting or playing with your phone while in the presence guilty
  • Leave the door open while in the bathroom
  • Perform personal grooming habits in front of your partner guilty
  • Sometimes skin basic hygiene because you are too tired, lazy or think your partner does not care...haha guilty. 
We was guilty of all but one! Now thinking about the beginning of our relationship...I can say that we did none of these! 

I was a bit nervous about the night's exercise...A clothing-optional night.
Over time, you may start to feel more self-conscious about your body. I know I have since I had my children. My body has changed over the past 5 years...some in good ways other in bad ways. I am def. more aware of my body.

But the exercise was about getting to that point of comfort around each other with our bodies. It was a very different experience and showed us that we can be like we use to be..but even better!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Marina said...

I wanted to send you an email to tell you I really like your blog, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the page :) So, I will say it here - I love it :)