CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment Day 1



My husband and I have started the KY Intimacy Experiment. It is a 10 day experiment. I was very excited when I was given the opportunity to do this 10 day challenge. 


I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 7 years. If you have been married for a long time, you know (just as well as I do) that intimacy can fizzle over time.


According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the definition of intimacy is "the state of being intimate: familiarity." 


After 7 years and 2 children, my husband and I have gotten into a routine. Same things...every day. Yea, it is great to be with somebody and be so comfortable around each other...but after awhile the same old routine...in the bed...can get very old and cause tension. So..in order to bring back the intimacy, we started day 1.


Day 1 Love Nest:


For day 1, I had to revamp our bedroom. I had to create a "private play-space that's inspiring and protected from the stresses of the outside world." 


A very important point was brought up in our intimacy book...
Assess the mess.
I was told to stand and just look around our bedroom through a strangers eyes. Would I then want to have sex in our bedroom? The answer was no. It was piled up with our children's stuff, clothes, my stockpile. It really needed to be revamped. Our room did not have that "mood". 


So after I assessed the mess, I had to get rid of the negative. I removed the clutter! After I cleaned up a bit, I had to look around at what was left. Could my bedroom use a little makeover? Well, since I live in an apartment, I really could not just up and paint my bedroom. But I did rearrange our room and make it look a lot better!


Then I had to make a little "toy box". This was fun. I put a little bit of adult items in this box. I added all the goodies that was sent to me for this challenge. Tee Hee!


Now, that night we got to enjoy the spoils of all my hard work! 


So, How did my bedroom seem to affect my sex life before the revamp? After?
Well, it brought us down. It reminded us that we have children. Toys everywhere. I had to revamp our room to an ADULT BEDROOM. It is nice not to constantly see toys everywhere!


Now, stay tuned tomorrow for day 2!



Photobucket

6 comments:

marioswifey said...

woo hoo sounds like your having alot of fun i would love to take the challange

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting experiment! We don't use KY anymore as it can interfere with trying to get pregnant. But it is still a great product. :)

Anna Galanos said...

ooh la la

Darcy said...

Rawr for the toy box ;)

To the first commenter - you can take the expirement - it's a free download from their FB page.

Catherine said...

It sounds like you're in for some fun. :) Enjoy the challenge! The decluttering alone is excitement to me!
-Catherine

Mom vs. the boys said...

that's a pretty good point, that I wouldn't have thought of. a clean room is more inviting. our room is usually tidy but I never make the bed lol I hate my sheets tucked in tight and I like the bed to breathe so I do it on purpose, but it would look nicer if it was looking all special