CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 23, 2011

*CLOSED* The Attitude Girl Review & Giveaway

 I was sent The Attitude Girl by Mila Bernadkin to read and review.

I also got to interview Mila Bernadkin. She is such a kind and interesting woman! I really loved corresponding with her!

My Thoughts:

I could not put this book down. It was about a young woman coming of age. I was very intrigued by all the drama, emotional conflict, tribulations and romance and humor. It was jam-packed with so many different emotions. It really did remind me of  my teenage years. The Attitude Girl is about a 17 year old girl named Victoria Benson. The story follows her on the road to adulthood as she struggles with many different things. Such as financial setbacks (all teenagers face this), bullying, first love, loss and forgiveness.

I really like that everybody around Victoria thought she had a major attitude problem, but through her eyes she was a realistic and honest person. She spoke what she thought and felt.

I really related to Victoria. I was the type of person (well still am) that speaks their mind. I felt liberated when I read this book.

Mini Interview with Author Mila Bernadkin: 

Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

 I was born and raised in Odessa, Ukraine, a beautiful resort city on the Black Sea. I emigrated from the former Soviet Union and came to the United States in 1977. In the USSR, I graduated from the Brest Music College, with a BA-equivalent degree in theory of music and music literature and accepted a teaching position at a children’s music school. After moving to the States, I became a Senior Programmer-Analyst, working at several of the largest financial institutions in New York City. However, medical reasons forced my early retirement, and I realized my life-long dream of becoming a published, award-winning writer.

When did you begin writing?

 I used to edit my school newspaper in the USSR. In America, I did a lot of technical writing while working in IT. After retiring, I took some writing classes (intermediate and advanced) at the Institute of Children Literature and began to write. 

What was your inspiration for The Attitude Girl?

 I was inspired by my experience as an ex-teacher and the mother of an ex-teenager to create a story that every parent and every young adult can understand and relate to.

How would you describe The Attitude Girl?



 The Attitude Girl is a novel, written for young adults, ages 15 and up, and their parents. As a fellow-author said, "It's a wonderful read for the young and the young at heart." It's a coming-of-age story that follows a 17-year-old girl, who's outspoken and materialistic, on her rocky road to adulthood as she struggles with financial setbacks, first love, idealism, loss, forgiveness, and, most of all, her attitude. The book is jam-packed with drama and emotional conflict, trials and tribulations, romance and humor. It's a compelling winner of 8 literary awards.

One lucky winner will win The Attitude Girl.  ($16.95 Value)

 Mandatory Entry: (This has to be done before any extra entries are completed. If not done, then all comments will be deleted)

Send Mila Bernadkin a Friend Request on Facebook. (1 entry)

Extra Entries: Note: If it states 2 entries leave 2 comments. 3 entries= 3 comments and so forth.
  • Rate this post (The stars on the bottom) (1 entry)
  • Tell me what you think of the interview with Mila Bernadkin (2 entries)
  • Subscribe to Jennifer’s Deals by email (3 entries) on the sidebar
  • Follow me on Twitter (3 entries)
  • Follow Mila Bernadkin on Twitter (2 entries)
  • Tweet on twitter (make sure you include @zombiesugarpie & @lbernadkin) Can be done daily (1 entry) OR USE THE TWEET BUTTON BELOW
  • Follow Jennifer’s Deals thru Networked Blogs (2 entries) Found in the sidebar
  • Like Jennifer’s Deals on Facebook (3 entries)
  • Leave me a comment on Facebook telling me you entered this giveway (1 entry)
  • Share this giveaway on Facebook & Leave the URL in the comment (3 entries)

This contest will end 6/29 @ 12 am. The winner will have 24 hours to respond or new winner will be selected. 

I was provided this product  free of charge in exchange for my review. Winners info will be sent directly to the company and Jennifer’s Deals will not be responsible for shipping prizes to winners. I provided my 100% honest review of the products provided. Receiving these products in no way altered my opinion.

17 comments:

Elizabeth Bubel said...

sent a friend request

Elizabeth Bubel said...

great interview

Elizabeth Bubel said...

rated this post

Elizabeth Bubel said...

subscribe by email

Elizabeth Bubel said...

great interview 2

Elizabeth Bubel said...

subscribe by email 2

Elizabeth Bubel said...

subscribe by email 3

Elizabeth Bubel said...

following on twitter

Elizabeth Bubel said...

following on twitter 2

Elizabeth Bubel said...

following on twitter 3

Elizabeth Bubel said...

following mila bernadkin on twitter

Elizabeth Bubel said...

im a fan of jennifers deals on facebook

Elizabeth Bubel said...

following mila bernadkin on twitter 2

Elizabeth Bubel said...

im a fan of jennifers deals on facebook 3

Elizabeth Bubel said...

im a fan of jennifers deal on facebook 2

Elizabeth Bubel said...

left you a comment on facebook

Diva Toolbox | Blog | Author's Interview, Book Review and Giveaway! said...

[...] var addthis_product = 'wpp-254'; Check out my mini-interview, book review and giveaway — http://jennifersdeals.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/the-attitude-girl-review-giveaway/ Enter to win my award-winning book “The Attitude Girl.” By Mila Bernadkin in [...]