CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

CLOSED. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Jr., Books & Audio Cd Review & Giveaway {2 winners}

I was sent Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Jr, set of 6 illustrated books, and set of audio cds that accompany the books! All these items help teach children the meaning of money and how save and spend wisely.
I became a fan the minute I started to look at these products! Haley and Amberly started to scream and jump when they saw all the books!



I just received these today and I have already read the 6 books 3 times to them! Out of the six books, Haley & Amberly loved The Big Birthday Surprise. I have had problems before on their birthdays. They both can become very out of control and mean on their birthdays. I loved how The Big Birthday Surprise help teach ways to give to others on their special day. I want my children to be polite and nice to others and these books help with that. The pictures are so vivid throughout these books. Junior was a cute little kid in these books. These books also came with 6 audio Cds. So, if I don't have time to read these books to them (say I am cooking dinner), I can pop these Cds in and let them listen to the stories! What a plus!!

The Super Red Racer
Junior really, really wants an awesome new bike, but he doesn't have the money to buy it. So, what does he do? He goes to work to earn the money! Join him on his adventure to learn the rewards of hard work.

Careless at the Carnival
Junior and his friends learn the hard way how it's not wise – or fun – to spend all their money all at once. This book teaches children a valuable lesson in budgeting their money and spending it wisely.

The Big Birthday Surprise

Come learn what his big birthday surprise is and how Junior learns a lesson about giving to others on his special day. This book teaches children about the many ways to give to others, not only with their money but also with their time.

My Fantastic Fieldtrip
Hop on the school bus with Junior and his class as they take an exciting fieldtrip to learn about money from their favorite cartoon character, Dollar Bill! This book teaches children the benefits of planning ahead for big expenses and unexpected emergencies.

A Special Thank You
When you were a kid, did you daydream about finding a bunch of money and imagine all the things you could buy with it? What would you have done if the money you found actually belonged to someone else? This story teaches your child the value of doing what is right, even though he may be tempted to do otherwise.


Battle of the Chores
When you were a kid, did you ever borrow money from your brother or sister? Did they make your life miserable until you paid them back? In this book, Junior learns that being in debt to someone is not fun! This story teaches your child the value of working for money and the disadvantages of borrowing money.

Now, the Financial Peace Jr. is a really cool product. It came with dry-erase boards to keep track of savings and commission, a coin purse, magnets for giving, saving, and spending, a kid's sized calculator, envelope system and an instruction manaual for parents. Immediately, Amberly snatched up the calculator and started to push all the numbers! Now I loved that this kit is for ages 3-12. I have never seen a financial program set up for young ages starting at 3! I was very impressed! This kit helps teach children the value of earning money. I have set up the dry-erase boards on my fridge and I am going to keep track of savings for them. I love teaching my girls the meaning of saving money since I am so frugal already! I got two little frugal spenders & savers on my hands!

Now the good news! 2 lucky Jennifer's Deals Readers will win all the products that was sent to me! The Finanical Peace Jr, all 6 books and Audio Cds! Woot!
Mandatory Entry: This entry must be completed first before extra entries will count. I will delete comments that do not follow this rule.
How have you been teaching your children to save and spend money wisely? (one entry)
Extra Entries:
Note: If an entry says 2 entries please leave 2 separate comments. 3 entries = 3 separate comments and so forth.

  • Tell me another item you would like to have from Dave Ramsey's Site (2 entries)

  • Rate this post (The stars on the bottom) (1 entry)

  • Subscribe to Jennifer's Deals by email (2 entries) on the sidebar

  • Follow Dave Ramsey on Twitter (3 entries)

  • Follow me on Twitter (2 entries)

  • Tweet on twitter (make sure you include @zombiesugarpie & @daveramsey) Can be done daily (1 entry)

  • Follow Jennifer's Deals thru Networked Blogs (2 entries) Found in the sidebar

  • Like Jennifer's Deals on Facebook (3 entries)

  • Leave me a comment on Facebook telling me you entered this giveway (1 entry)


Giveaway will end on June 9th, 2011 @ 12 pm.

I was provided these products free of charge in exchange for my review. Winners info will be sent directly to the company and Jennifer's Deals will not be responsible for shipping prizes to winners. I provided my 100% honest review of the products provided. Receiving these products in no way altered my opinion.

113 comments:

Suellen Jennings said...

Both of our kids have their own bank accounts. They have been taught to save their own money up to purchase a big want. They have both been taught that money doesn't grow on trees, and that they can't always get everything they want.

Suellen Jennings said...

I am a fan on Facebook

Suellen Jennings said...

I would like the book from their site, "the coupon mom's guide to cutting your grocery bills in half".

Suellen Jennings said...

LOL now following the blog.

Suellen Jennings said...

5 stars

Suellen Jennings said...

the book from their site, “the coupon mom’s guide to cutting your grocery bills in half”.

Suellen Jennings said...

already get your emails

Suellen Jennings said...

I get your emails

Suellen Jennings said...

facebook fan here

Suellen Jennings said...

following blog through networked blogs

Suellen Jennings said...

left comment on facebook

Suellen Jennings said...

fan on facebook

shelynn said...

I have taught all 4 of my girls how to save money. every cent they get goes into a piggy bank so they can save it up for that big priced item they want really bad. The have gotten to the point where if they see a penny on the ground they ick it right up and then it goes into that piggy bank.:)

Gloria Carter said...

My husband & I just graduated from FPU and introduced them to the envelope system to teach them how to save. We would love for them to experience FPU Jr. for themselves.

Gloria Carter said...

I would love to have the Generation Change study for teens. We have two teen boys who desperately need it.

Jennifer Fichter said...

I guess I am behind the ball on this one. I have not been teaching my son about savings. This sellection would help! However, I have been saving the money he gets from grandparents on his birthdays and holidays.

Gloria Carter said...

I would also like the leader guides to Generation Change.

Gloria Carter said...

I subscribed to Jennifer's Deals emails

Gloria Carter said...

I subscribed to Jennifer's Deals email

Gloria Carter said...

I gave you a 5 star rating :0)

Gloria Carter said...

I'm following Dave on Twitter

Gloria Carter said...

I follow Dave on Twitter

Gloria Carter said...

I am following you on Twitter

Gloria Carter said...

Twitter - I am following Dave Ramsey

Gloria Carter said...

I tweeted on Twitter :0)

Gloria Carter said...

I am following Jennifer's Deals through Networked Blogs.

Gloria Carter said...

I'm following Jennifer's Deal through Networked Blogs

Gloria Carter said...

I "like" Jennifer's Deals on Facebook. :0)

Gloria Carter said...

I Like Jennifer's Deal on FB

Gloria Carter said...

I left you a comment on Facebook about entering the contest.

Gloria Carter said...

I like Jennifer's Deals on Facebook.

Anna Galanos said...

My nephew has his own wallet and he gets to keep change in it.

Anna Galanos said...

#1
My favorite product is the Junior's Adventures Bank.

http://www.daveramsey.com/store/kids-teens/Kids-3-12/juniors-adventures-bank-by-dave-ramsey/prodbank.html

Anna Galanos said...

Rated 5 stars

Anna Galanos said...

#2
My favorite product is the Junior's Adventures Bank.

http://www.daveramsey.com/store/kids-teens/Kids-3-12/juniors-adventures-bank-by-dave-ramsey/prodbank.html

Anna Galanos said...

#2
I am already an email subscriber.

Anna Galanos said...

#1
I am already an email subscriber.

Anna Galanos said...

#3
I follow Dave Ramsey on Twitter.
@annaisabanana08

Anna Galanos said...

#2
I follow Dave Ramsey on Twitter.
@annaisabanana08

Anna Galanos said...

#1
I follow Dave Ramsey on Twitter.
@annaisabanana08

Anna Galanos said...

#2
I follow you on Twitter.
@annaisabanana08

Anna Galanos said...

#1
I follow you on Twitter.
@annaisabanana08

Anna Galanos said...

I tweeted about this giveaway.

http://twitter.com/annaisabanana08/status/77016691401424896

Anna Galanos said...

#3
I like Jennifer's Deals on Facebook.

Anna Galanos said...

#2
I like Jennifer's Deals on Facebook.

Anna Galanos said...

#1
I like Jennifer's Deals on Facebook.

Anna Galanos said...

I left a comment on your Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=191579147556885&id=138002316244799

Gloria Carter said...

I tweeted about your giveaway today. :0)

Sarah Kochert said...

I have just started with my 4 year old by giving her money for her piggy bank when she does something nice or helpful. I have told her she can only spend half of what is in her piggy bank and the other half is for saving and charity.
Sarah
imascubagirl (at) yahoo (dot) com

Sarah Kochert said...

I would love to have 48 days to the work you love and Quitter.

Sarah Kochert said...

I gave this post 5 stars

Sarah Kochert said...

#2. I would love to have 48 days to the work you love and Quitter.

Angie Ristow said...

How have you been teaching your children to save and spend money wisely?
We checked out a few of the books you reviewed from the library. All our kids loved them and wanted to start Save, Spend and Give envelopes right away. They are working great!

Angie Ristow said...

I would love to go through his whole FPU seminar dvds.

Angie Ristow said...

5 stars

Angie Ristow said...

The Deluxe Envelope System would be really nice to have too.

Angie Ristow said...

Signed up for Jennifer’s Deals.

Angie Ristow said...

Subscribed to Jennifer’s Deals

Angie Ristow said...

Already following Dave on twitter.

Angie Ristow said...

Following you @Jesus_is_Alive.

Angie Ristow said...

Following you on twitter.

Janet Jackson said...

Each of our kids have their own "savings" account and whenever there is something they want they are allowed to buy it if the money is there to do so. If the money isn't there they don't get to buy it. This teaches them to "save" for those really important things they want versus spending every $1 they have as soon as they get it.

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

i would love to have the his and her envelope systems 2

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

i would love to have the his and her envelope systems

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

rated this post

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

subscribe to your email 2

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

subscribe to your email

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

follow via network blogs 2

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

follow via network blogs

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

like Jennifer's Deal on fb 2

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

like Jennifer's Deal on fb

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

like Jennifer's Deal on fb 3

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

Janet Jackson said...

commented on your fb wall that I entered this giveaway :)

i_luv_lordcyan@yahoo.com

LearnQuilling.com said...

My kid is just 2 years old but when she's old enough, I would let her know to just buy things that you need and save the rest of your money for other things. :)

Thanks!
Jenn from How to Make a Hair Bow

LearnQuilling.com said...

I subscribed via email

Thanks!
Jenn
learnquilling@gmail.com
How To Make Candles Easy

tina reynolds said...

We have been putting half of the allowance in a piggy bank to save for their swingset right now eaglesforjack@gmail.com

musereviews said...

We are teaching saving right now -- saving up for something they really want vs. spending every dollar they receive. My son has almost $100, far more than I ever saved as a kid!
musesofmegret (at) gmail (dot) com

tina reynolds said...

I subscribe by email 2/2 eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

I subscribe by email 1/2 eaglesforjack@gmail.com

musereviews said...

I also love the Designer Envelope System in red.
musesofmegret (at) gmail (dot) com

Beth W said...

We are on the Dave Ramsey plan ourselves so the kids have been learning by example. we budget everything and if it's not in the budget we try to put it in the budget or we don't purchase it. We save for our purchases rather then making impulse purchases and we have taught them to put a tenth of their money to tithing to our church first from everything they get.

I'd love to win this set!!

Beth W said...

Rated your post

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

I'd like the Financial Peace Planner- entry 2

http://www.daveramsey.com/store/books/Workbooks/-i-financial-peace-planner-i-/prod82.html

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

I'd like the financial peace planner

http://www.daveramsey.com/store/books/Workbooks/-i-financial-peace-planner-i-/prod82.html

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

subscribed to your blog by email- entry 2

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

subscribed to your blog by email- entry 1

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Following Dave Ramsey on twitter- entry 3

@StealsDealsLife

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Following Dave Ramsey on Twitter- entry 2

@StealsDealsLife

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Following Dave Ramsey on twitter - entry 1

@StealsDealsLife

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Following you on twitter- entry 2

@StealsDealsLife

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Following you on twitter - entry 1

@StealsDealsLife

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

tweet

http://twitter.com/#!/stealsdealslife/status/78644818917597184

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Following you on Networked Blogs- entry 2

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Following you on Networked Blogs

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Like you on Facebook- entry 3- Beth Willis

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Like you on Facebook- entry 2- Beth Willis

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Like you on Facebook- Beth Willis

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Beth W said...

Commented on your Facebook page- Beth Willis

bethwillis01@gmail.com

Alena Svetelska said...

All my kids have oiggy banks where they putting their birthday money

Alena Svetelska said...

I rated your post
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

I Subscribed to Jennifer’s Deals by email
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

I Subscribed to Jennifer’s Deals by email
wilson12@comcast.net

Shelynn Russell said...

alreadt like you facebook..dont have twitter

Alena Svetelska said...

I am Following Dave Ramsey on Twitter//as alee1972
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

following Dave Ramsey on twitter-my screnn name is alee1972
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

followed dave ramsey on twitter-alee1972
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

following you on twitter/alee1972
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

I am following you on twitter as Alee1972
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

like jennifer on FB
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

Liked Jennifer’s Deals on Facebook
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

went to your page and told u i did enter this giveaway
wilson12@comcast.net

Alena Svetelska said...

I liked Jennifer on FB
wilson12@comcast.net

Gloria Carter said...

I tweeted about this giveaway :0)