CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ten Time-Saving Tips to Make Your Life Easier

Being a mother of two little girls, very close in age (18 months apart) I have to include many time-saving tips to make my life easier and smoother through out the day. These are the things that I have to tend to during  a typical day: Haley & Amberly, house work, school, pets, cooking, Jennifer's Deals, and errands! I have one busy day every day! I find myself stressed out sometimes and I have to remember my ten time-saving tips!

Ten Time-Saving Tips:

  1. Get my girls to help me do things. One big pain in my butt chore is cleaning their room. Seems like I am always stressing over picking up their never ending stash of toys. I have noticed that if I get my girls involved in areas like this, it not only goes by a lot faster, but saves me ton of energy!

  2. Don't take on too much. There are days where it seems like I have so much to do! This happens to me when I want to get too much done all in one day! I like to make a list and put the most important things that I have to do that day at the top. As long as I get those done, I will be ok!

  3. Shop on-line for some items. It takes a lot of my time to get the girls ready, get to a store, get the girls in the store and shop and then check-out. A simple 15 minute shopping trip will turn into a hour trip when I have to get the girls involved! I try to shop online for items that I don't necessarily have to go to an actual store. Like clothes, toys, or movies!

  4. Get laundry done at the beginning of the week. I use to do at least 3 loads of laundry a day! Shew! Can you say a lot of my time was spent on this? I now do all the laundry at the beginning of the week. I mean ALL the laundry. Once everything is washed, I don't have to worry about it until the next week! Saves me lots of time during the rest of the week to spend on something else!

  5. Cook big meals ahead of time. If I am cooking a huge meal, I will start atleast 1 hour to 2 hours ahead of time. This way I am not running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

  6. If you have to shop, go during a time where it is not so busy. Such as really early in the morning or late at night. I like going late at night. Traffic is not bad and the store lines are not backed up. Saves me lots of time!

  7. Do dishes at night. I use to do dishes all throughout the day. I know just wait before I go to bed to load up the dishwasher. This way I am not constantly standing over the sink.

  8. Try to set doctor appointments on the same day. Every time my family has a drs. appointment, I make all our appointments on the same day and same time. We all get seen together and we don't have to make separate trips.

  9. Pay bills online or over the phone. I save tons of time by simply paying my electric bill, phone bill and cable bill online! I don't have to travel across town to go pay the bills!

  10. Have one day out of the week set to go to the post office. Now, I have tons of stuff that I mail. Throughout the week, I get everything together and every Wednesday I go to the Post Office. That way I am not running to the post office every day or every other day.


These simple tips helps me have a smoother day and life. Without these I would be pulling my hair out or crying in a corner! What do you do to save time?

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Starbucks blogging program, for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

2 comments:

Renee Sullivan said...

This was very helpful. I find myself running around all over the place if I don't plan ahead. Thanks for the tips.

jenniferclay said...

You are very welcome. I have to have things planned out too or it would be complete craziness!