CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Why is using a coupon so difficult?

I have had many experiences since starting couponing. Mostly good, a few ok....some that make me wanna smack somebody & now one that I could consider "bad" but in reality more of I can't believe my cashier is so stupid. 

Let me tell you what coupons I was using.

5 Free Suave Professionals products

1 Free Glade Spring Collection product

Got 5 Suave Professional products & Glade Spring Collection air spray.

Cashier rang up my items. I handed her my coupons. Her response..."I don't know if I can take all these". Me: "Um, why?" Her: "I don't know if there is a limit on coupons" Me: "Walmart does not have a limit on free product coupons. Scan them and see."

She then proceeds to ask 8 DIFFERENT EMPLOYEES (2 BEING MANAGERS) if she could take these. She scans one, then asks, scans one then asks. Stops calls management. A manager happens to walk by she stops and asks him. He looks at her and said "Yes." The phone rings, she then asks another manager and tells the manager to come to her.

At this time, my hubby is pretty mad. He starts being smart with her. "How many d*** people you have to ask if you can take them all? How many times do you have to be told yes!"

"I don't want to get into trouble"

Well! If 8 different people have told you YES THEN YOU WILL NOT GET INTO TROUBLE!!

Finally, another manager comes there. He grabs the coupons and looks at them and says "It says one per purchase" I was about to flip out because I thought he was going to be an idiot.

I say, "Yes and I have 5 purchases. see..." He then looks at her and says "The customer is right. Per purchase means PER ITEM. Take them"

The look on her face was great.

She finished scanning the rest of the coupons. I paid and left.

Really, why does using a simple plain English coupon have to be so darn difficult?! Why are some cashiers trained to use coupons and some not?! I just do not understand this.

 

So, in the end a 5-6 minute checkout turned into a 25 minute checkout. Really? REALLY?!

4 comments:

NANCY said...

I think we've all been there! I blame a good part of it on management. Why don't they train their cashiers on couponing? If the cashier were taught about coupon use, she would have had no problem with it. It's obvious she didn't have a clue of how coupons work. Very frustrating!

jenniferclay said...

Yea, maybe this was her first free coupon she has ever used?! Idk! But I was close to leaving my items there and leaving.

Carol said...

At the Hy-Vee where I shop, a manager has to approve ALL free coupons!

jenniferclay said...

It is really mind blowing how difficult people can make scanning a coupon is. o.O