I have recently starting getting into the whole Yoga thing, but had no clue on how to actually start.
I don't really have the time to go to yoga classes, so I tried to find ways to incorporate yoga at home.
I was introduced to a great yoga book called Sit Stretch Smile by Dr. Howie Shareff.
This books teaches you how to practice "Chair Yoga".
Sit Stretch Smile shows you how to perform yoga in any flat, stable chair.
After reading this book, I can perform yoga while taking a break from blogging or working on my school work!
I can be clumsy at times, so the accompanying DVD helps me out a lot!
It helps show me how to position myself and fully enjoy the relaxation of yoga.
If you are anything like me, watching and reading will help out a lot!
This DVD has a 90 minute runtime set against calming ocean waves.
It has different lessons depending on your yoga level.
This program recommends you do 15 to 50 minute sessions. It really depends on your available time and ability. I usually do it for about 15-20 minutes.
It gives you great instructions on proper posture, positions and emphasizes the importance of BREATHING.
Every single session should end with a few minutes of quiet mediation to help center yourself.
I really enjoyed that both the book and DVD gave me easy and clear instructions. I always feared that yoga was something that was very complex but through this book I have learned that with a simple guide it is possible to do yoga from home!
Buy It:
Win It:
One lucky Jennifer's Deals Reader is going to win their very own copy & DVD of Sit Stretch Smile.
Jennifer's Deals was sent a product in exchange for this review post. All said opinions are of their own. No monetary gain was received. Jennifer's Deals is responsible for shipping prize to winner. Giveaway will end on 12/12 at 12 midnight.



































6 comments:
My son loves Yoga! I might give it a try.
i haven't yoga'ed before..i sure would if i got this! great way to lose weight!
I used to practice yoga - but have not for a while. Would like to start again.
One of my friends is a caregiver for her grandmother and uses Yoga to relax. She told me I should give it a try to help me when I'm stressed when dealing with my autistic son....so, I'm going to enter to win this! Thanks for offering it!
I would like to start Yoga.
winit6 at hotmail dot com
I used to practice yoga, but, got away from it :(
Post a Comment