Content by Mac Kline
My mother has always been a very frugal person. My father passed away when my sister and I were young, and we just didn’t have the money for extras. I think she got so used to not spending, that even when she married my stepfather when my sister and I were in college, she could never get used to the idea that things were much better financially. My mom will never take an extravagant vacation, or spring for the extras. My stepfather is a little more flexible, but I think she has successfully converted him to her ways. Part of me feels really sad that she doesn’t know how to enjoy herself. It’s not that spending is the only way to have fun, but it sure does help you get out and have great experiences. I decided this year that I was going to get them satellite TV for Christmas. They are so behind the times because they haven’t wanted to spring for it. Since my mom won’t let me help them with bills I figured this would be a nice extra I could afford to provide for them. I found www.giveadish.com which helped me decide what package I would give them. I really hope that it’s a hit at Christmas dinner!


































No comments:
Post a Comment