Amberly really enjoyed all the beautiful illustrations. After I read it to her, she would spend quite a lot of time just flipping through My Cape Cod Magic looking at the pictures. She especially enjoyed the underwater picture. Haley loved listening to the story.
I say this is a great bedtime story!
My Cape Cod Magic arose from a visit with the Palmers' granddaughter Emelia. The four-year-old expressed frustration at not being able to read. This gave Ms. Palmer an idea. "I had written the Little Cape Cod Witch magical adventures for middle-graders. It was clear Emelia loved beautiful pictures and rhyme and the rhythm of words. I think most kids do. I know I did. And I thought it would be helpful and fun to match an engaging poem with classic picture-postcard images that iconically captured the Cape. When I was learning to read, the images really pulled me in, and I wanted this book to do the same." The fact that her husband was a fourteenth-generation Cape Codder only strengthened her conviction in this project.
One lucky winner is going to win their very own copy of My Cape Cod Magic!
Jennifer's Deals was sent a product in exchange for this review. All said opinions are of their own and Jennifer's Deals is responsible for all said opinions. No monetary gain was received. Jennifer's Deals is not responsible for shipping prize to winner. Giveaway will end on 9/12 at midnight!



































12 comments:
id love to win this for my girlies! would go good in thier little libarary im workin on :)
I think this would be for Paige. She is one of the granddaughters of Cindy & Howard who are friends with my mom (and her boss) and were lifelong friends with my father. I enter a lot of giveaways for my niece and nephew, but they have so much already that I like to give to Paige & Pyper, too.
This would be for my 6 year old daughter, we love reading stories at bedtime, and this would be great because we live near Cape Cod!
This would be for my daughter, Grace. It just seems like the perfect story to read to her at bed time!
katielynnbauer@Gmail.com
This would be for my daughter, Grace. It seems like a beautiful story and perfect for bed time!
katielynnbauer@gmail.com
My daughters would love this.
alonso2904@verizon.net
This would be for my 7 year old, who loves to read! It looks like a beautiful storybook! : )
Aimee @
justkiddingaroundatlanta
I would like to win this for my daughter because we are making our reading area and this would be great to have
This would be for my niece.
winit6 at hotmail dot com
This would be for my niece.
I would love to win this for my niece...who lives in Massachusetts (where I grew up!)
This will be for myself at first..then passed along..me and all my friends share books and magazines..we read them then pass them down the line..:)
jldillmon@gmail.com
Jessica Dillmon
Post a Comment